Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Where is Love?

Originally published here


Show us, they said
A sad chuckle escaped my lips,
Marvelling at the wilful blindness
Like Braille, I made them feel

It’s not in the picture of her and I smiling at the camera
Nor is it in the gifts you see
Then where, they persist
A blind man’s patience for colour is thin

It’s in our hands when they intwine,
and in our eyes when we’re together, or not.
It’s in her letter and in her letters
It’s in her smile, it’s in her laughter.

Tell us more, they muttered mesmerized
A small smile adorned my face
As she walked in with the same

It’s in his words and his emotions
It’s in his kiss, or rather our’s
It’s in our hands when they intwine,
It’s in his smile, it’s in his laughter.

Spellbound and stunned, they stared
As we put the finishing touches,to our potrait of passion,together.
And that kids, I said
is where it always is.

Where what is, asked the oldest
Having missed the start
I looked into those brown eyes and
said exactly what I saw, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Feedback.